Better Lit Shader
The Better Lit Shader acts as a replacement for the built In pipleine's Standard, or URP/HDRP Lit shaders with the following features and improvements:
* Supports URP, HDRP, and the Built In rendering pipelines, tested on 2019.4LTS and 2020.3LTS
* HDRP style texture packing, or a custom tightly packed texture format for faster shading
* Tessellation & Parallax Support
* Crack Free Tessellation mesh preprocessor
* Stochastic sampling of textures to remove tiling
* Tint Masking, allowing you to colorize 4 separate parts of the main texture layer independently.
* Full Support for Bakery GPU Lightmapper
* HDRP style Detail Texturing
* Three additional independent Texture Layers, which can be used as a detail texturing, height blended, or alpha blended, with independent options for Triplanar and Stochastic on each layer. These can also be masked via vertex painting, noise functions, and procedural functions, allowing you to create many different effects.
* MicroShadows and Fuzzy Shading available on every layer
* Use UV, UV1, Triplanar, or world projections on each texture layer
* Flat Shading
* Single or Double Sided
* Wetness, automatically integrates with Enviro and Weather Maker
* Puddles, automatically integrates with Enviro and Weather Maker
* Automatic placement of puddles via noise functions and angle filters
* Snow system, automatically integrates with Enviro and Weather Maker
* Wind system, for particulate wind over surfaces
* Dissolve Effect, with optional gradient edge w/ optional emissive
* Trax integration allows you to leave trails on any material you create
* Vegetation Studio procedural indirect support
* Support for all VR rendering modes
* Generate normals directly in the shader to save sampling/memory on low end systems, or use the Surface Gradient framework for higher quality blending.
* Branch Sampling, to reduce the cost of stochastic and triplanar sampling
* Debuging mode to visualize actual sample count used by the shader
* LOD Dither fading
* Custom Material Interface
* Only uses local keywords, no global keywords added
The Better Lit Shader uses only local keywords, and was built with the Better Shaders framework. Source code in Better Shaders format is included, making it easy to modify if you have Better Shaders installed, and allowing you to stack additional effects on to the shader to easily expand it, or use these effects in your own shaders.